Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Another resolution? Already?!

It is still early enough in the year to make some resolutions, is it not?  Well two days ago, I quickly decided that I needed to add another resolution to my list.

047w1

Read a classic.  Or four.  It is my plan to read four classics this year.  I normally would rephrase that statement in my mind as to read at LEAST four classics.  However, this year I am giving myself actual doable goals and I am so far keeping them!  I decided I would break the year up into four quarters: Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Nov.  I know…. that was such a hard decision to make.  In that picture above (showcasing the original to our 1920s built house well worn hardwood floors) shows the first two books on my list.  I am starting with Pride & Prejudice.  I LOVE the movie featuring Keira Knightley and I love other Jane Austen movies, but I have never read one of her books completely before!  Sad, but true.  So for the first quarter of the year I am giving myself three months to read Pride and Prejudice.  I will be reading The Great Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird after that.  For that last quarter of the year, I am stumped.  I can think of so many other classics that will fit the bill, but which one should I chose?  Should I jump onto the Les Miserable train or go with a book by Charles Dickens?  A Russian great like Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy or maybe l should head to Dublin and drink a Guinness with James Joyce.  Maybe I should circle right back to the Good ‘ole US and read The Great Awakening by Kate Chopin.  My point in my ramblings, I think, is that there are so many classics to chose from and I don’t have to decide right away.  I have nine months to do that!

What would you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. All great choices Katelynn. I don't think you can really go wrong. I hope you don't mind I mentioned you in my latest yarn along post for doubling my goal as well! Cheers!
    http://www.thepomegranatechronicles.com/knitting/yarn-along-a-cardi-and-a-classic/

    ReplyDelete