Monday, February 25, 2013

The Great Gatsby

One of my new year resolutions, view here, was to reread The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.  I had read it for a project in high school, but wasn’t truly able to grasp why it was an American classic at the ripe old age of fifteen.  As I needed a slight break from Jane Austen, which I am loving but takes me awhile to read, I quickly devoured Gatsby.  I wanted to be able to share it with Eric but knowing he probably wouldn’t read it I planned on us to watch the movie.  You know the one… with one of the most beautiful men ever…

rr1 photo via

Mr. Robert Redford.  This man is gorgeous and incomparable in every way.  He is one of only two men on my beautiful men pinterest board… but I digress. Seriously, I could go on and on about this man forever.  Unfortunately neither my library or two local video stores had this version in stock.  We don’t do the Netflix thing so we had to settle with the A&E version featuring Paul Rudd.  Although it was ok… it does not compare to the 1974 version.

I made a party night for our little family.  Homemade jalapeno poppers, stuffed mushroom caps, strawberries with chocolate to dip into and champagne (sparkling wine actually).  It was so much fun.  Next time I will have to take pictures.  I LOVED the book. Enjoyed the movie and we, yes myself and my husband, are anxiously awaiting the new Great Gatsby! 

rr2  rr3

rr4 

rr5  rr6

photos via, via, via, via, via

One last picture to leave with, the original mansion that inspired the book:

gg1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

photo via

No comments:

Post a Comment